Thursday, July 21, 2011

Darren Hayes-Angel cover


Madonnaliscious.com interviewed Darren about his version of Angel...

'Knowing you are a huge Madonna fan I was wondering what in particular about Angel made you want to cover the song?'
It was one of the first records I ever bought and one of the first songs I wish I'd written. As a kid - without much money and with nothing but a pocket full of dreams - I would imagine that it was me up there singing. The 12inch version especially cast a spell on me.
It was a pivotal time in my life when I started to realise that this is what I wanted to do for a living.
As an adult with my own career, recording a cover version 'Angel' was like coming full circle. Like a Virgin is still one of my favourite Madonna albums and 'Angel' remains probably my favourite Madonna song of all time.



It's funny to me that Madonna has'nt performed this song since 1985's Virgin tour, it has always been one of my fave songs from her...
There was never a music video for this song but it was released as a double single with Into the Groove...remember this? I still own this record and I remember everyone had it, ahhh memories of the 80's...



No comments: