Friday, February 14, 2014

Heroin sucls

I have known a few good friends to this drug. In light of Hoffman's death, the addiction is on everyone's mind.

I have written before about a special friend that died from an overdose, it is something that haunts me even almost 20 years later. I still think of him.

I worked with a younger guy who battled this addiction, he confided in me and told me of his addiction. He got cleaned up, went to rehab and now is expecting his first child. I told him I was very proud of him and that he should be proud of himself for conquering it. He asked me why I was so passionate about the topic.
I began telling him of the friends and the lover who could not let go of it. He understood, it was a bonding moment for us and he smiled. I told him to never look back and always do what is right for you.

I hate this drug and I am so thankful that I was warned about it, from someone who was addicted to it.

It is one of the hardest drugs to kick and should never be taken lightly.

No comments: