Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pride


It is that time of year again....gay pride. Pride has definitely changed over the years, it has gotten way commercial for sure.
I am proud of how far we have come for our human rights, the victories and struggles we all have overcame. Some more than others...I am thankful that a young person has resources to go to if they are gay, instead of feeling like the only way out is suicide. I am greatful to have sacrificed for others. We all have made a difference to wake people up and hamdle prejadice. It is still out there and may never go away. I do think the world is a better place than 40 years ago. I have faught, I have struggled, I've been a rebel and I would do it all again. We all have our reasons why we are proud and those are mine.
We will continue to fight for what is right, this is America.
Happy Pride

No comments: